Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Canuck Pale Ale

I need to rush through today's beer sampling, because it's game 7 between the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins. I specifically chose a patriotic beer today, one that has "Canuck" in its name. It comes in a 650mL brown bottle (wowie!) with a foil wrapping around the bottle cap. It has 5.2% alcohol/vol.

When opened, I was overwhelmed with joy by the fruity hops aroma. It poured a thick foam that lasted a while, and had a lot of small bubbles. The colour was a beautiful gold. It didn't have much for aroma any more, certainly not the same hoppy smell I was greeted with when I opened the bottle.

The first sip was shocking. This was an incredibly bitter beer. There is almost no sweetness to it at all. The hops definitely dominated this beer. It was a bit too bitter for me, but I would definitely put it near the top of any hop-head's list. I used to think I was a hop head until I tried this beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment