Friday, October 21, 2011

Samuel Adams Octoberfest

I've been told that I need to try out more Canadian beers. I agree with that sentiment, and I promise I'll get around to them soon. But before that, there's a few beers I need to try out first because... It's October, so that means it's time for Oktoberfest beers!

Today's beer comes in a 355mL brown bottle with 5.5% alcohol/vol. Not very much information on the bottle, other than the fact that it comes from Boston. The bottle has a stylized "Sam Adams" embossing on the glass; it's a real nice touch.

When opened, lots of rich malty aromas escaped the bottle. No detectable hops. It poured a clear deep copper colour with a generous head that disappeared quickly. There were lots of large bubbles. The malty aroma was almost overpowering.

The first sip was amazing. The beer was very rich in flavour. Very strong tones of caramel. This style of beer fits beautifully with the season (even the colour of the beer is right). This being my first Oktoberfest beer, I was very impressed. And wasn't very expensive either, so I would definitely recommend this beer to everybody. It's unfortunate that it's seasonal.

No comments:

Post a Comment