Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nervous but Excited

I'm both nervous and excited for my race this weekend. Nervous because I have only run 50 miles once before, and was done by doing loops on a 5km course (was a timed race). I also ended up injuring myself in that race, and had to take the next two months off running.

Excited because this is going to be my first "real" ultra. It is also my first race in another country. So right now, I'm trying to figure out what I need to pack for the race, and what I need to put in my drop bags.

Pack:
- Shoes
- Socks
- Shorts
- Shirt
- Hydration pack
- Water bladder
- Body glide
- Toilet paper
- E-caps

Drop bags:
- Shoes
- Socks
- Gu (at least 4 per bag)
- Vitamin I

I feel like I'm missing a lot.

5 comments:

  1. garmin? ipod? (I don't usually use ipod for trail races but this time I'm bringing it for when the going gets tough!) gels? hat?

    I'm putting face cloths in my drop bags so I can wash the grime off of me mid-run (also if it's really hot... that will feel nice!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, got the gels. I would have completely forgotten the iPod! Thanks, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything's fair game when you're running an ultra. And I'm also not 5 months old. ;)

    ReplyDelete