Friday, May 4, 2012

Grand Teton Bitch Creek

It's been a while since I've had a beer.  So what better excuse to drink one tonight?

I've heard a bit about today's beer.  It's not available here in Manitoba, so props go out to my sister for getting me a bottle for Christmas.  It comes in a 355mL brown bottle with a pry cap.  It has a surprising amount of information on the bottle for beer nerds: 15.0 plato original gravity, 54 IBUs, 6.0% alcohol/vol, and it's bottle conditioned.

When opened, I got a facefull of hops, and maybe a little fruitiness?  Wasn't quite sure what to make of it.  The beer poured a dark brown with some sediment in it, and few bubbles.  The fruity aroma was much more noticeable after the pour and the hoppiness was scaled back.

The first sip was very bitter.  And sour, too.  I wasn't sure if the beer had gone "off" or if this was an intended flavour.  I didn't enjoy this beer very much, but finished it anyway.  I couldn't think of any good qualities to note for this beer other than it had a fairly soft feel in the mouth.  I don't think I would drink this beer again unless somebody convinced me I had a bad bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment