Monday, February 15, 2010

Ice Climbing

I had a great weekend of ice climbing. The 10th annual Festiglace ice climbing competition was on, and I entered into the difficulty, speed, and team competitions. I had only been to the ice tower once this year, so I was a bit rusty. But somehow, I managed to pull off getting 1st place in the difficulty and team competitions (thanks go out to my team-mate Rick!).

I even managed to get a run in on Saturday, after the difficulty and speed events. But the team competition went so long that I had no chance to get a run in. Fortunately, today is a holiday here. I got a 15 mile long run in that more than makes up for my missed run yesterday. :)

I almost forgot! I ran a 10k time trial last Thursday, and managed to shave 1:30 off my personal best. So it looks like all my training is starting to pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment