Monday, April 18, 2011

Czechvar Original

This is a Czech lager that comes in a 500mL green bottle. The foil wrapped cap is a nice visual touch and gives it an air of elegance. With 5% alcohol/vol, it's a bit on the light side but definitely wouldn't fall into the "light" beer category.

When poured, the first thing I noticed was the massive quantities of bubbles. A thick head formed that dispersed rapidly. The lager was a deep gold colour. I also noticed a strong smell coming from it (hops?).

The first sip was very good. The flavour came on slowly. Not malty, with a strong hoppy taste. It reminded me of Pilsner Urquell, but I enjoyed Czechvar much more. So far, this has been my favourite lager. Each sip made me appreciate it more than the last.

I'm adding this beer to my list of winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment