Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pilsner Urquell

This Czech beer comes in a 330mL green bottle. The alcohol content is a light 4.4%. The label on the bottle says it is the original pilsner, which may or may not be a good thing. On one hand it set the bar for all other pilsners to try and imitate, but on the other hand it might have led to a lot of room for improvement. Once poured, the beer is a deep golden colour. It is very forgiving to a bad pour, as the head disappeared quickly.

My first sip was full of flavour. Very hoppy. It has a slightly bitter aftertaste that does not detract from the overall experience. I thought tasted more like an ale than a pilsner. I can imagine this being a very popular pub drink. After the first few sips, I was a bit unsure about drinking it. But the distinctive taste grew on me and I really enjoyed it by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment